Friday, September 9, 2011

Food.

Another Friday.  Since I have been thinking about about blogging.  I have never been able to get a certain crazy thought out of my head.  So I figured I will blog about it.
I am certain for the past 28 years of my 30 years on Planet Earth, I have consumed something from McDonald's once a week.  Whether it be a delicious Quarter Pounder or a cone, or a Big Coke and snack wrap, something from the fast food giant has went into my belly!  Talk about faithfulness!  Devotion has nothing to do with it....its habit.  Some want to say craving, but I want to give the human body more credit than that.  I don't think it wakes up in the morning saying, "man if I don't have 2 all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun right now...I am going to blow this house up!!!!"  Its all in our head.  Every habit we have is in the head. The brain is going to find the fastest way to get what it needs, and when you have easy access to anything, like a McDonalds that is in full eyes sight of your front lawn, that is the default.  The brain is amazing!  How many have been there?  You say you want to eat better, but you start thinking of all the time it takes to make a healthy home cooked meal and BOOM....instant defeat.  I don't have that kind of time!  30 minutes to make pasta?  wheres my app for J and P?  (That would be awesome!) Anyways we live in a day in age where the brain is going faster than it ever has, thus receiving more input than ever before.  To slow down would give 98 percent of the world a migraine.  Last week, a hurricane hit the east coast and left a lot of people without power.  It forced them to slow down and remove the world of instant input aside for a moment.  Its been raining all week.  Peoples social media has been on overdrive!
I don't really know if I have a point except maybe stating the obvious.  I maybe have questions, like, how much constant input and easy fixes can the brain take?  Is quantity overcoming quality? what is the brain not doing well to get the easy fixes and fast input?
I am writing this on my Sabbath.  My day where I do no work and try to honor a God who took His time to make me into everything He wanted.  To spend time with my kids that are so precious and cute and rotten!!  To spend time influencing a generation through a simple blog. Instead of complaining about the weather and how depressed it makes me, to listen to rain fall onto the roof of a house that God has blessed me with and know I am safe inside.  To do nothing and honor Christ through it.   Slow down and take an excedrin.  Some things are worth stopping for and listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment